Online Anytime HIPAA Security Training (level 2)
The HIPAA Security Program is meant to assist you understand the Security rule requirements according to the HIPAA Law and have an overview of the HIPAA guide and Privacy rule which should enable you to become HIPAA compliant. This training comprises of updates in the HIPAA regulation which is as a result of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). The training should get you ready for the Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE) HIPAA certification test.
We encourage you to call us to discuss your job role so we can recommend the appropriate HIPAA course to meet your learning objectives.
Total Course Duration:
- HIPAA Security Compliance Officer of covered entity & business associate
- IT Mangers
- IT staff
- HIPAA Security Compliance Team members of covered entity & business associate
- IT Consultants involved in healthcare Industry.
- Software developers in Healthcare Industry
Number of Total Slides:
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
Cost of online training and CHSE certification test: $549 ($750 with the manual)
CHSE Certification Test only: $150 per attempt
HIPAA Certification Test:
You will take the 85-minute test upon completion of the course whereby you will be required to reach the 70% pass mark from the 51 questions test (with three questions from each chapter and each chapter should take 5 minutes) to receive the HIPAA Certification of CHSE.
Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 1 - HIPAA Basics
- Understand the purpose for HIPAA legislation
- Review the HIPAA Administrative Simplification title
- Review non-compliance penalties (civil and criminal)
- Review key organizations associated with administering HIPAA Administrative Simplification provisions
- Review HIPAA-related terminology and definitions
Chapter 2 - Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Understand motivation and drivers behind requiring HIPAA standard transactions and code sets
Chapter 3 - Transactions - ANSI X12 and NCPDP
- Examine the ANSI ASC X12 & NCPDP transactions
Chapter 4 - Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Understand the code sets approved for use with HIPAA-covered transactions
- Understand national identifiers that have been adopted or may be adopted to identify entities or individuals in HIPAA-covered transactions
Chapter 5 - HIPAA and Health Data - Security & Privacy Requirements
- Describe how HIPAA relates to health information exchange
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Security Rules
- Review compliance framework
Chapter 6 - HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understand the core requirements, key terms, and concepts of the Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 - HIPAA Security Rules - Overview
- Describe the scope of the HIPAA Security Rules.
- Understand threats and attacks health care enterprises are vulnerable to
- Define key security terminology, concepts, and categories
- Describe administrative safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe physical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Explain technical safeguards implementation specifications.
- Describe organizational requirements.
- Describe the policies and procedures standards, as well as the documentation standards.
Chapter 8 - HIPAA Security Rules - Threats and Technology Options
Chapter 9 - Advanced Administrative Safeguards
- Identify technical/electronic threats to the health care enterprise
- Explain security technology and electronic protections options that may meet Security Rule and Privacy Rule security provisions compliance requirements
Chapter 10 - Physical Safeguards Overview
- Describe the requirements for the Security Awareness and Training standard
- Explain the requirements for the Security Incident Procedures standard
- Describe the requirements for the Contingency Plan standard
- Describe the requirements for the Evaluation standard
- Describe the Business Associate Contract and Other Written Arrangements standard
Chapter 11 - Advanced Physical Safeguards
- Explain key steps for a physical safeguards assessment based on the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Chapter 12 - Physical Safeguards - Data & Media Management
- Describe physical safeguards requirements
- Review facility access control
- Describe workstation use and security standards
- Describe required and example policies, procedures and practices to reasonably ensure appropriate physical safeguards have been implemented
Chapter 13 - Security Technical Safeguards Overview
- Describe requirements for device and media controls
Chapter 14 - Security Advanced Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Security Rule defined Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Access Control standard
- Examine the Audit Control standard
- Describe the Integrity standard
- Identify key elements of the Person or Entity Authentication standard
- Review the Transmission Security standard
Chapter 15 - Digital Signatures and Certs
- Describe the Transmission Security standard
- Examine the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) architecture and its key protocols
- Analyze firewall systems and their role
- Examine Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Describe wireless security requirements
- Identify types of encryption that may be supported by health care entities
- Describe core elements of Windows XP security.
Chapter 16 - Security Policy and Standards
- Explain the requirements of the proposed Security Rule's electronic signature requirements (not included in the final rule)
- Describe a digital signature
- Describe a digital certificate and its relationship to a digital signature
- Examine the role of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in supporting requirements for digital signatures
Chapter 17 - American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Explain how identifying threats and vulnerabilities impacts risk management strategies and the development of appropriate security policies
- Describe ISO/IEC 27002 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards
- Identify factors that impact the development of an enterprise security policy
- Describe security policy documents that address areas, such as acceptable use policies
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Security Expert:
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Title XIII, Subpart D Overview (HITECH)
- Business Associates New Requirements
- Breach Notification Requirements
- New Privacy & Security Requirements
- Increased Enforcement & Penalties
- Federal Reporting & Resource Requirements
- Compliance Tips
- The anytime learning course offered by
allowed me to take the training needed for the CHSE
(Certified HIPAA Security Expert) on my schedule. It
provided me with the flexibility and time needed to
understand the topics fully, and being online it allowed me
to access the materials anytime I needed... It was like have
a private instructor in my living room!
I highly recommend the "Anytime Training" from
if you need to train on your terms and location. The
material was complete and presented in an easy to understand
Information Security Administrator
Jupiter Medical Center
- I would like to take a moment to express my thanks for
your wonderful program, the CHSE course.
In our ever changing world of technology, I was beginning to
feel a bit lost in regards to the regulations and what meets
the criteria of security of our electronic and digital PHI (ePHI)
for HIPAA purposes.
This course has really given me a lot of insight and
understanding of how HIPAA security is applied in the realm
of technology. It has expanded my knowledge in the areas of
how security and privacy rules relate to technologies both
in and out of the office (mobile media).
It has also helped me work on a implementing a strong
security policy, advanced safeguards and a comprehensive
risk assessment plan for my organization.
Stephen Engel - Administrator
Summit Home Health Care
- TO Prospective candidates taking the Supremus Group CHSE
Taking this course on line was not as easy as my ASQ
certification as a Quality Auditor. It is demanding and I
feel very worth your time and efforts.
The structure and accompanying audio is very good in content
and listening. I highly recommend it to people employed in
the Medical field.
William E. McLinn
- I wanted to take a few minutes and thank you for the
quality product from the Supremus Group. I had recently
checked with some friends in the healthcare industry about
HIPAA certifications and they pointed me to your website
After spending some time on the website, I decided to
purchase the Online Anytime Training and associated manual
for the Certified HIPAA Security Expert program (CHSE).
Well, I have to admit that I was a bit anxious going forward
with this computer based training, but as soon as I received
it I was pleasantly surprised!
The online training is broken into real-world modules and
chapters that parallel exactly what is being taught in the
book. By using the combination of the two, I was able to
pass my CHSE test on the very first attempt.
I strongly recommend this course material to anyone who
wants to prepare for the certification and wants to enhance
their knowledge in the area of HIPAA security. I feel that I
am now able to better contribute to corporate security
policies, access control systems, and many documented
procedures in a more-comprehensive manner after my training.
Thank You Bob and Supremus!!
Thomas Coffy - CISA, CISSP, CHSE
Senior Engineer, IT Security Office
Abacus Technology Corporation
Kennedy Space Center Florida
- This was a great and informative course that provided
extensive background knowledge on HIPAA requirements. The
book and on-line instruction were invaluable in assisting
our company to understand and develop policies that were
applicable to the unique structure of our BPO projects. I
highly recommend anyone seeking a more comprehensive
understanding of HIPAA Security Standards to take this
- The CHSE training has enabled me to better understand the business
and regulatory challenges my clients face on a daily basis. Having this
new depth of understanding of HIPAA security allows me to deliver solutions
to my clients that address those business challenges vs. just solving an IT need.
Kathie Miley, Terremark Sales VP, Healthcare
Cloud, IT and Security
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
- CHSE is the 1st course I have been on with Supremus Group LLC and it has been excellent, the trainer was able to adjust the program to my specific needs, and the study materials were top notch.
St. Vincent Healthcare
If you have any questions with reference
to the course or certification test, feel free to contact
or call us at 515-865-4591.