HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner (HCISPP)
HCISPP or HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner is a professional educational course to get a certification from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) and intended to communicate to the audiences about the basic structures, essentiality of legal basis and the information as well as issues of the security and privacy particulars within the explained circumstance of the American healthcare delivery system. The main part of this course is to prepare the attendee for the examination to get the ISC2 certification.
With the rapid growth of healthcare industry, they are facing increasing challenges to keep all the personal health information secured and protected and thus, where it needs to ensure knowledgeable and experienced security as well as privacy of practitioners to protect such sensitive information of the people. HCISPP works as defense in protecting such health information. HCISPP credential confirms that a practitioner’s experience and core knowledge in privacy and security can control personal health information with proper care and safety.
HCISPP Course Overview:
With the HCISPP certification course, you can gain knowledge and experience in the privacy and security control s for personal health information in an official ISC2 course certification. With our certification course you can polish your skills and knowledge related to healthcare security and also helps you a lot for preparing in the HCISPP exam. You will also learn legal, regulatory requirements as well as concept for the security privacy concept for healthcare information as it is really necessary to understand about your organizations and how they manage all information risk assessment practices and procedures.
The training course will help candidates to review and refresh their healthcare related information, security and privacy knowledge and also help them to identify the area for which they need to study and focus more HCISPP exams. Our course is your one source exam preparation which includes:
- Official guide to the HCISPP Common body of knowledge
- Official HCISPP Flash Cards
- Official HCISPP Training Student Handbook
- HCISPP Certification Exam Voucher
- Collaboration with Classmates
- Taught by an Authorized Instructor
- Real-world learning activities an scenarios.
HCISPP Training Learning Objectives: In-depth coverage of six domains required to pass HCISPP exam for ISC2 certification:
- Healthcare Industry
- Regulatory Environment
- Information Risk Assessment
- Information Governance and Risk Management
- Third Party Risk Management
- Security and Privacy Control in Healthcare
- Able to describe the associated practices, importance and value to another person, mainly for their coworkers and supervisors.
- Be able to evaluate vulnerabilities, mitigations, risks and trade-offs while assessing third party sourced risks to healthcare contractual arrangements.
Our HCISSP training course prepares all its students for:
- Have the concept on the diversity in healthcare industry. To achieve this, learner needs to gain knowledge from different types of health organizations with various types of technologies, information, dataflow and also how to manage, exchange data with the protection levels to keep the data safe.
- Identify the relevant legal and regulatory needs related to healthcare information. It will be required in order to ensure that the policies and procedures of any organizations are in observance and following the proper data exchange procedures.
- Have to describe the security as well as privacy concept as they are related to the Healthcare industry and also learners need to understand the relationship of security and privacy and how to handle and manage all the information properly.
- Need to describe the risk assessment and risk assessment procedures for an organization.
- Also, identify how organizations are managing the risk and what type of security and privacy governance required.
- Identify the concepts to manage the third party relationships. Learners can gain knowledge regarding the concepts to use of their information, know about the third party assessment, security and privacy events and also recognize the improvement process of third party risks.
Several different types of activities are being used throughout the course to strengthen all the topics and increase knowledge retention. The activities may start from open ended questions from the instructors to the students, poll questions and matching, open or closed questions, group discussions and group activities too. This is a great way of interactive learning technique which is based on the adult learning theories.
1. Healthcare Industry: In this, you need to understand the Healthcare environment, foundational health data management and also third party relationships.
2. Regulatory Environment: The outline of this course is:
- a. Identify the applicable regulations
- b. Need to understand the international regulations and controls
- c. Understand compliance frameworks.
- d. Compare the internal practices with new policies and procedures
- e. Need to understand the responses on risk based decision.
- f. Comply with code of ethics in Healthcare information.
3. Information Risk Assessment: In this domain, you need to understand about the risk assessment and identify the control assessment procedures within the organizational risk frameworks. Also, need to participate in the risk assessment which consists with the role in the organization. Make proper efforts to remediate gaps.
4. Information Governance and Risk Management:
- a. This domain is needed to understand the security and privacy of governance.
- b. Also, require knowing about the basic risk management methodology.
- c. Understand the information risk management life cycles and also need to participate in the risk management activities.
5. Third Party Risk Management: The outline course of this domain includes:
- Definition of third parties in Healthcare concept.
- Determine or willing to know when third party assessment would required.
- Maintain the lists of the third party organizations
- Support their assessments and audits
- Support the establishment of third party connectivity.
- Respond to the notification of privacy and security events.
- Need to promote the awareness of the requirement of such organizations internally as well as externally too.
- Participate in remediation efforts.
6. Security and Privacy Control in Healthcare: This is one of the most important domains of this course where you need to understand the security attributes or objectives. Also,
- Get the knowledge of general security concepts.
- Need to understand general privacy principles.
- Should understand the nature of sensitive data handling implications.
- d. Understand the relationship between privacy and security.
Course Outline for HCISPP
The draft outline for this course makes allowance for the six domains of the HCISPP as described in the ISC2 Official CBK Guide (sourcebook and accompanying text) for the material, with slide counts varying according to the quantity of information to be delivered in each domain’s module; outlined as
Introduction and Overview
Domain 1: Healthcare Industry
- Understand the Healthcare environment
- Understand Third-party relationships
- Understand foundational health data management concepts
Domain 2: Regulatory Environment
- Identify applicable regulations
- Understand international regulations and controls
- Compare internal practices against new policies and procedures
- Understand compliance frameworks
- Understand responses for risk-based decision
- Understand and comply with Code of Conduct/Ethics in HealthCare information
Domain 3: Privacy and Security in HealthCare
- Understand security objectives/attributes
- Understand general security definitions/concepts
- Understand general privacy principles
- Understand the relationship between privacy and security
- Understand the disparate nature of sensitive data handling implications
Domain 4: Information Governance and Risk Management
- Understand security and privacy governance
- Understand basic risk management methodology
- Understand information risk management life cycles
- Participate in risk management activities
Domain 5: Information Risk Assessment
- Understand risk assessment
- Identify control assessment procedures from within organizational risk frameworks
- Participate in risk assessment consistent with role in organization
- Participate in efforts to remediate gaps
Domain 6: Third-party Risk Management
- Understand the definition of third parties in Healthcare context
- Maintain a list of third-party organizations
- Determine when third-party assessment is required
- Support third-party assessments and audits
- Respond to notifications of security/privacy events
- Support establishment of third-party connectivity
- Promote awareness of the third-party requirements (internally and externally)
- Participate in remediation efforts
- Respond to third-party requests regarding privacy/security event
Who Can Attend the Course?
This training course is mainly preferable for those who have at least 2 years of experience or having full time professional work experience in one or more of the above 6 domains of HCISPP course and also those who are taking the training and certification course of HCISPP to implement, manage and assess the appropriate privacy and security controls of healthcare. Ideally, the candidate must already hold CISSP certification from ICS2 but it would not required for the material to be available to the attendee. The training course is ideal for those working in such positions but not limited to:
- HealthCare Compliance Officers
- Information security Officers
- Privacy Officers of HealthCare companies
- Risk Managers/Analyst
- Information Technology Manager
- Privacy and Security Consultant
- Practice Manager
- Medical Records Supervisors
Three learning Methods for HCISPP Credential Training:
Online Anytime HCISPP Certification Training
Many busy individuals cannot spend 4 days in the classroom-based or private on-site seminars. This option is great for candidates who cannot take time off of work to attend the classroom seminar. This is the most cost effective option.
Special Discount offer: $600
Course Duration: 7 Hours
Instructor led Classroom HCISPP Seminar
This is a 4 days class offered in 8 hours session with breaks in between. Registration cost includes the official HCISPP manual and breakfast, lunch and snacks during the training. This training is ideal if you are a hands-on learner, like to interact with your instructor and classmates in a live setting, or want to finish the training by dedicated full 4-5 days for training and exam then this is ideal option for you.
Course Duration: 4 days class offered in 8 hours session
Feb 20-23, 2017
May 15-18, 2017
Sep 18-21, 2017
Nov 13-16, 2017
Online Live with Instructor-led Course for HCISPP Credential
This is a 4-day class offered in 5-7 hour session with breaks in between. You are the ONLY student with the instructor in this training. Registration cost includes the official HCISPP manual. This training is ideal if you want the convenience of being in your office and doing the training with the instructor and getting a personalized training to meet your specific goals.
Course Duration: 4-day class offered in 5-7 hour session