Risk Analysis is usually regarded as step one towards HIPAA compliance. Risk analysis is a mandatory Implementation specification under the Security Management Process standard of the Administrative Safeguards portion of the HIPAA Security Rule as per Section 164.308 (a) (1). All Healthcare organizations will reap the benefits of an effective Risk Analysis and Risk Management program beyond just being HIPAA compliant. Compliance with HIPAA is not optional… it is mandatory, to keep off penalizations.
HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Objectives
The overall target of a HIPAA risk analysis is to document the possible risks and exposures to the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of electronic protected health information (ePHI) and ascertain the appropriate safeguards to bring in the level of risk to a manageable level. This ensures that controls and expenditure are fully consistent with the risks to which the entity is exposed.
List of documents in HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Template revised for HITECH Omnibus Rule
- Asset Inventory Worksheet
- Detailed HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Executive Report
- Risk Analysis Checklist
- Risk Analysis Template
- Risk Assessment Executive Presentation
- HIPAA Security Risk Assessment Scorecard
- Overview spreadsheet
- Administrative safeguard spreadsheet
- Technical safeguard spreadsheet
- Physical safeguard spreadsheet
- Organizational safeguard spreadsheet
- Sample Privacy & Security Risk Analysis Executive Report 2013-Short Version
- Threat Matrix Worksheet
Total Cost: $495
If your company needs multiple entity licenses or templates, we may be able to give you discounted pricing. For information on this, please get in touch with Bob Mehta at Bob@supremusgroup.com or (515) 865-4591.
Let us help you in completing your HIPAA compliance with an audit.