The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and Its Amendments Course Released Q1, 2022
HIPAA 2021 Refresher: A review of Related Activities in 2021.
A Discussion of HIPAA, HITECH, and the Omnibus Rule, OCR and The Notice of Prospective Rulemaking. Attending briefings like this is part of the Continuing Education requirement of credential maintenance for your Supremus certification.
The 2021 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits course covers the following topics:
HIPAA 2021: A Review
- The Year That Was 2021
- HIPAA Privacy Rule and Disclosures of PHI for Extreme Risk Protection Orders (“ERPO”)
- Guidance on Enforcement Discretion for Use of Web-Based Scheduling of COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments
- Penalties 2021
- Enforcement Actions
- Breaches, Causes & Trend
- Ransomware in 2021
- Lessons – Learned?
HIPAA 2022: A Look Ahead
- Definition: Health Information
- Direct Liability of Business Associates
- Vetting Business Associates
- Incident Response
- Mobile Devices and “BYOD”
- Mobile Device Communications: Texting & Emailing
- Portable Device Security
- Social Media at the Office
- Ransomware and Healthcare
HIPAA 2022: A Brief Recap
- Definition: Identifiers
- Information Covered
- Individual Privacy Rights
- No Authorization Required
- Use & Disclosure of PHI
- Organizational Requirements
- Required Documentation
- HIPAA & State Law
- Breach Notification
HIPAA 2022 and What Lies Ahead
- HIPAA Proposed Rules and Changes
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Modified Right to Access PHI Rules
- In-Person Rights
- 15-Day Timeline
- Copies to Third Parties
- Good Faith Standard
- Serious and Reasonably Foreseeable
Special Topic: Information Blocking
- Information Blocking and HIPAA
- Information Blocking and Exceptions
- What We Are Protecting
Total Course Duration: 2 hours 8 minutes
Number of Total Slides: 72
Course valid for: 2 months from receiving the login details. You will not have access to online content after you complete the course.
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive one CE credit for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Please contact us for more information at Bob@supremusgroup.com or call (515) 865-4591.
2021 Annual HIPAA Certification Continuing Education Credits Course is rated 4.6 out of 5 by 841 users.