Online Anytime HIPAA Compliance Certification Training (level 1 & 2)
This HIPAA compliance course will teach you the HIPAA Security and Privacy rules and guide requirements according to the HIPAA law that how your organization can become HIPAA compliant. The training consists of recent updates on HIPAA regulation due to of Omnibus rule of 2013 and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) which is a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), Omnibus rule of 2013 and Electronic Health Records (EHR) & meaningful use incentives. This training will prepare you for the CHPSE HIPAA certification test.
CHPSE Target Audience:
- HIPAA Privacy Officer, HIPAA Security Officer and HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Core Compliance Employees
- IT Professionals servicing Healthcare Industry
- Chief Information Officers
- Risk Managers
- Lawyers involved in Healthcare
- Software Architect
- Business Analyst
- Team lead of software developers
- Health care quality assurance and risk managers
- Business Associates of Covered Entities
- Project Manager
- IT Auditors
- Senior Consultants
To meet your learning objectives you need to call us to discuss your job role, so we can recommend you the appropriate HIPAA course/courses.
Total Course Duration: 25 hours
Number of Total Slides: 1079 slides
Total Chapters: 27
Online course login expires in: 6 months from receiving the login details.
Certificate valid for: 3 Years
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
Free HIPAA Compliance Training Demo
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
All certified professionals are required to take Cyber Security Awareness For Employees within 1 month of getting certified. You can take this training before or after getting certified. If you are a cybersecurity professional, you can request an exception (provide the reason why you should not take the training and provide your cybersecurity certification credentials) to take this training but you will have to complete the test.
Course Name: CyberSecurity Awareness For Employees
Description: OCR is focusing on cybersecurity awareness for the covered entities and business associates after the FBI issued a warning for the healthcare industry. This training is a continuing education course needed for all HIPAA certifications (CHPSE, CHPE, and CHSE) professionals to maintain their credentials. This is a non-technical course and anyone can take it. There are no prerequisites for it.
Students learn how hackers use social engineering tools like spoofing, Deceptive Phishing, W2 Phishing, Search Engine Phishing, Pharming, Spear Phishing, Whaling / CEO Fraud, Vishing, SMiSHing, Dropbox Phishing, Google Docs Phishing, Image Phishing, Piggybacking, Dumpster diving, Eavesdropping and many more on company employees. With different types of Malware like Computer viruses, Worms, Trojan horses, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, Scareware, Keylogger, etc., you want to be aware of threats around you. The overall goal is to protect you from financial losses, identity theft, and damage to your reputation caused due to breaches of security by criminals.
Cost: Included with the HIPAA training cost. You need to buy a Certified Cybersecurity Awareness Professional (CCAP) certification exam if needed.
Visit Here for CyberSecurity Awareness For Employees Course Outline
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of an update course (normal cost $99) which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your HIPAA certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required updated courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 25 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
Cost of online training and CHPSE certification test: $1299 (Additional Options to buy: $319.99 printed manual, $99 CHPSE practice test, $250 two hours of Instructor support, $180 unlimited CHPSE exam attempt)
CHPSE Certification Test Only: $180 per attempt
HIPAA Certification Test:
You will be tested upon completion of the course after which you will have to acquire the 70% pass mark from the 81 question test which has 3 questions from each chapter and each chapter takes 5 minutes, to receive the CHPSE HIPAA certification. Otherwise, the test takes two hours only.
Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 1 – Introduction to HIPAA
- Topic A: Introduction to HIPAA
- Topic B: Administrative Simplification
- Topic C: Violation Penalties
- Topic D: Advisory & Regulatory Organizations
- Topic E: Definitions & Terminology
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Topic A: Transactions & code sets overview
Chapter 3 – Advanced Transactions and Code Sets
- Topic A: ANSI ASC X12 & NCPCP standards
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Topic A: Code Sets
- Topic B: National Health Care Identifiers
Chapter 5 – Privacy & Security Basics
- Topic A: HIPAA & Health Data Exchange
- Topic B: Planning for Privacy Compliance
- Topic C: Planning for Security Compliance
- Topic D: Example Compliance Framework
Chapter 6 – Privacy Rule Basics
- Topic A: Privacy Rule Introduction
Chapter 7 – Organizational & Individual Responsibilities
- Topic A: Organizational Requirements & Relationships
- Topic B: Individual Privacy Rights
Chapter 8 – Notice of Privacy Practices
- Topic A: Notice of Privacy Practices & Authorizations
Chapter 9 – Privacy Uses and disclosures
- Topic A: Uses and Disclosures: General
- Topic B: Uses and Disclosures: Treatment, Payment, and Health Care Operations (TPO)
- Topic C: Uses and Disclosures: Public Purposes
Chapter 10 – Privacy Safeguards
- Topic A: Safeguards
Chapter 11 – Overview of the Security Rule
- Topic A: Security Rule Scope Overview
- Topic B: Threats to Business Information
- Topic C: Security Terminology & Categories
- Topic D: Administrative Safeguards
- Topic E: Physical Safeguards
- Topic F: Technical Safeguards
- Topic G: Organizational Requirements
- Topic H: Policies, Procedures, & Documentation Standards
Chapter 12 –Security Rule – Threats and Technology Options
- Topic A: Security Threats
- Topic B: Security Technology Options
Chapter 13 – Advanced Administrative Safeguards
- Topic A: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic B: Security Incident Procedures
- Topic C: Contingency Plans
- Topic D: Evaluation
- Topic E: Business Associate Agreements and Other Written Arrangements
Chapter 14 – Security Physical Safeguards
- Topic A: Security Rule Physical Safeguards
Chapter 15 – Advanced Physical Safeguards
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Facility Access Controls
- Topic C: Workstation Use and Security
- Topic D: Specific Steps – Physical Security Implementation
Chapter 16 – Data & Media Management
- Topic A: Device and Media Controls
Chapter 17 – General Technical Safeguards
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Access Control
- Topic C: Audit Controls
- Topic D: Integrity
- Topic E: Person or Entity Authentication
- Topic F: Transmission Security
Chapter 18 –Advanced Technical Safeguards
- Topic A: Transmission security
- Topic B: TCP/IP network infrastructure
- Topic C: Firewall systems
- Topic D: Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Topic E: Wireless transmission security
- Topic F: Encryption
- Topic H: Case study: General Security Recommendations
Chapter 19 – Digital Signatures and Certs
- Topic A: Requirements
- Topic B: Digital signatures
- Topic C: Digital certificates
- Topic D: Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Chapter 20 – Security Policy and Standards
- Topic A: Threats, risk management, and policy
- Topic B: ISO/IEC-27002 security standards
- Topic C: Security policy considerations
- Topic D: Sample security policy documents
Chapter 21 – HITECH Act and Red Flag Rule
- Topic A: The HITECH Act
- Topic B: The Red Flags Rule
Chapter 22 – The Omnibus Rule
- Breach Notification Rule
- New Limits on Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Business Associates
- Increased Patient Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Increased Enforcement
- Program Updating
Chapter 23 – Healthcare and Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing: What it is, Why It Matters and How it is Used
- Key Drivers and Characteristics
- Examination of the Benefits, Threats, and Risks of Using Cloud Computing
- Examining the HIPAA Regulatory Issues Associated with Using Cloud Computing
- DHHS Guidance on Cloud Computing – Questions and Answers
Chapter 24 – HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement
- Topic A: Compliance Enforcement
Chapter 25 – Social Media, Mobile Technology, and Big Data
- Topic A: Social Media
- Topic B: Mobile Technology
- Topic C: Big Data
- Topic D: Applications in Healthcare
- Topic E: Privacy and Security in the Digital Universe
Chapter 26 – HIPAA Compliance Solutions Part 1
- Risk Analysis
- Audit Program – Annual and Periodic
Chapter 26 – HIPAA Compliance Solutions Part 2
- Secure Transmission of PHI
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Training – More Than Just an Annual Workshop
- Disaster Recovery/Emergency Mode Operations Plan
Chapter 27 – Annual Updates and Guidance
- HIPAA 2021: A Review
- HIPAA 2022: A Look Ahead
- HIPAA 2022: A Brief Recap
- HIPAA 2022 and What Lies Ahead
- Special Topic: Information Blocking
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification of Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert:
- I really recommend taking this course.
- The course itself covered practical material which is helpful for real-life application.
- Nice Content and Learning. The training content was very detailed and useful
- The overall training was very informative, and it was very helpful having an unlimited attempt to take the CHPSE. It is a certification that I would recommend to anyone.
- This was a very useful course and I learned so much!
- The range of information is much wider than I expected and I appreciate the level and depth of the materials. I have much better insight into what is required for security and privacy matters.
- I found the training very informative.
Ted Nobles, Jr.
- Excellent material during the course and well explained.
- Great material easy to work through
- Very informative. Definitely needed the unlimited attempts.
- I felt the course was incredibly comprehensive and informative. I not only gained a vast amount of knowledge, but I also know that the reference manual will serve me well into the future. Thank you so much for a wonderful course.
- Thanks for the training very informative.
- Great course! I appreciated all of the detail you included with each of the modules.
Michael A Fabrizio
- Thank you for the training and knowledge!
- Overall the course was very useful. It would have been helpful to understand when enrolling why the book was necessary. I ordered mine after enrolling and wish I would have ordered it at the beginning
- This course provided a great foundation upon which I can continue to build my knowledge in regard to HIPAA and HIPAA compliance. I had very little knowledge prior to taking this course so I can say with confidence that even the most novice level folks can take this course and it will provide innumerable benefits.
- Thank you for the course, very informative. Awesome job!
- Very detailed and useful course. Excellent resource.
- This was a very detailed course with a lot of great information.
- Unsurpassed content coupled with a “hands-on” approach to customer care. Bob and Mike were there for me through the entire process…from the moment that I ordered their products through the final exam, which in this day and age is unheard of. I hold the CDPSE, CISSP, CHPSE, CISA, CRISC, AWS CP, QSA, PCIP, CCNP, CCNA, CCDA, JNCIA, and highly recommend this course to anyone in the cybersecurity audit/assessment space. Note, I will be sending several of my compliance employees through this training in the next several weeks.
Steve Strater, CEO and Principal Intelligence Advisor
- This course is packed full of useful information that is needed to succeed. I did find a few hiccups within the practice test and final test. I will admit that this made things a bit confusing at times. I contacted Mike at Supremus Group and he was very helpful and responsive to finding a solution for my concerns.
Joshua A. Thompson
Risk Management/Compliance Coordinator
Modoc Medical Center
- Thank you for the valuable assistance you provided me while I train to become HIPAA Certified for my position as Health Information Manager for Bois Forte Reservation Health and Human Service Department. As a new Health Information Manager for two small tribal community clinics, I was seeking a reputable training organization to obtain my certification for HIPAA Privacy and Security Official. I conducted my research and sought out further assistance from coworkers in the field. My Health and Human Services Director provided me with a website for the Supremus Group along with a few other training options. It was a daunting task to determine which training was reputable, comprehensive and priced right. My knowledge of HIPAA was basic and the requirements for my job would require me to get additional and a comprehensive training. I zeroed in on the Supremus Group as they offered the most flexibility and best options for receiving my certification. I could attend a class in person, do an online class with or without an instructor. The cost was manageable and appeared to be the most comprehensive training available. To save money and time I opted to complete the online training and purchased the in-depth manual for reference materials. The online course covered all the information I would need and the delivery method was appropriate for an online course. Each chapter provided concise chunks of information making it easier to absorb and understand. The structure for the training was clear, logical and effective indicating much thought and expertise went into designing this comprehensive online training. The exam was extremely comprehensive. The test questions challenged the learner to know and be secure in their answers.I would recommend this training to become certified in HIPAA, Privacy, and/or Security. They have a number of different products and training that I will be sharing with my own network of professionals working in the field.Sincerely,Pamela Parson – Health Information ManagerBois Forte Band of Chippewa
- CHPSE online course and training manual both are well designed to train a beginner as well as an experienced personnel. A lot of practical issues are nicely embedded to portray a clear broader view. HIPAA compliance is a must for today’s healthcare industry and Supremus Group LLC courses offer the right training to achieve the goal.
- I passed, barely, but I passed. Thanks for all your assistance. I am going to recommend this course and certification to other members of our HIPAA Compliance members. I found it to be very detailed and a valuable asset to my current HIPAA position.
Mary L. Milano, CHP, CSCS
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
HIPAA Compliance Auditor
- I just recently completed the Certified HIPAA Privacy and Security Training with your company. It was very convenient for me because it allowed me to complete it as I had time. It was Very informative. As a new Compliance Office starting up our compliance department, I gained a wealth of knowledge. I would recommend this training to anyone wanting to be fully trained on all aspects of Privacy and Security.
Boston Mountain Rural Health Center, Inc
HIPAA Compliance Officer
- Completing the Certified HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) course has been a challenging and growing experience. The course covers a vast amount of information but is flexible and allows you to complete at your convenience. This is a resource I intend to use as I move forward in my role on our HIPAA team. I also feel it necessary to mention the customer service from the Supremus Group during this process. They have responded to all questions promptly and with the information requested. I would recommend this training to anyone looking to expand their knowledge and understanding of HIPAA Privacy and Security rules and requirements.
HR Operations Coordinator
Kforce Professional Staffing
- The Supremus Group’s HIPAA Privacy Security Expert (CHPSE) program was a very challenging experience. The training programs provided covered the full spectrum of knowledge necessary for HIPAA Compliance. As a Security and Network Architecure Consultant, the program challenged my skills and allowed me to attain a certification that will allow me to provide a higher quality of service to my clients and it gives a professional certification to show my mutual investment as a Business Associate.
- I spent a great deal of time reviewing the many programs offered on-line for the various levels of Hipaa Certification and the contents offered in each study program before making my decision to invest in the CHPSE Course offered by The Supremus Group. Not only was I looking for a course that was very detailed in the information but also a company that had national and international recognition. I found both with The Supremus Group! The various subject matters covered in the course did give a general overview but then continued on into very definite details and useful examples in the areas of Hipaa Law requirements for the Hipaa Privacy & Hipaa Security Rule and making your health care organization Hipaa compliant. The course also covered changes in the Hipaa regulations due to the HITECH Act and ARRA which will serve as valuable knowledge throughout my career in H.I.M. The Power-Point slides and the lecturer for the course were both excellent at capturing and holding your attention and the course study book will serve as a great ongoing reference tool. Last but certainly not least there were more than a few times throughout the course that I had questions and there was not one time that they were not answered for me right away after submitting them via email.
This is an excellent company with an excellent product!Thank You Bob Mehta and Supremus Group!
Ella P. Gardner
Northern Michigan Regional Hospital
- I found the CHPSE online course to be the perfect combination of live lectures with slideshow, book work including review questions and practice test. Any individual who reviews the provided materials will definitely pass the certification exam with no problems. I think every HIPAA Officer would benefit from this extremely informative and useful course. Overall the course was easy to use, materials were very educational and the consumer service was top-notch!
NC State Health Plan
- Our organization completed the instructor-led HIPAA training in June 2011. We were very pleased with the depth of knowledge and expertise of the trainer. He provided real life examples we could relate to and customized the training to help provide some guidance particular to our organization. For the non-tech staff, the instructor was instrumental in helping us understand the more complex provisions of the security rules.
Garry Kornrumpf, CPA, CIA – Director
- As an IT professional and Trainer, I found your online lectures very helpful and complete. This training and your templates have been a great help to me in providing compliance services to my client’s. Thanks again.
Duane Ragland | Systems Engineer
MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, SCNP, CCNA, CHPSE
- I needed a HIPAA training program that would provide a complete understanding of the privacy and security rules for my technical team as they built and supported applications in hospitals as Business Associates. The online training from the Supremus group provided the detail, accuracy, and currency that I was looking for.”
- It has been nine months since I passed the CHPSE exam. The exam was challenging to take. However, I felt that the study guides and on-line training were thorough in preparing me for the exam. I have been able to utilize the CHPSE study guides as reference material in my everyday role as HIPAA Access and Risk Control Manager for my healthcare clearinghouse client. I recommend the CHPSE certification to anyone who is serious about obtaining a comprehensive understanding and expertise in HIPAA/HI-TECH ACT.
- I am the Controller for a company that provides document management services to attorneys. As a Business Associate, we needed to understand how to be in legal compliance with the contracts we have with Covered Entities as well as the statutes set forth in the HIPAA laws. The comprehensive CHPSE class gave me the tools to do just that.
Keri Grimmett / Controller
XACT DATA DISCOVERY
- I am very happy with the CHPSE course. I felt I knew HIPAA pretty well, but realized there was much more to compliance that protecting patient charts. I have used the information provided by you and my instructor to review our policies and procedures and develop a true compliance program for our employees. I would not have the confidence to proceed as I am without attending your class.
- Excellent material and exactly the complete and current Hipaa training that I needed. I highly recommend the video training along with the student guide for reference,
- My Instructor for the classroom sessions was very knowledgeable about all aspects of HIPAA Privacy and Security and was able to provide extremely detailed coverage of the course materials. He took the time to provide relevant examples and to discuss the course content as it related specifically to our business. In addition, the course manual, resource CD and test preparation software provided a comprehensive approach to exam preparation and will continue to be useful resources back on the job.
- The online HIPAA course was very detailed and informative. The HIPAA Training and Certification Guide that goes along with the online course is a great tool, and is a resource that I will continue to reference in the future. As my organization’s dedicated Compliance Officer, I chose to take the CHPSE course. I would highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a comprehensive understanding of HIPAA, and anyone tasked with the privacy and security of their organization.
Director of Human Resources
- I was quite happy with the quality and thoroughness of the training course. I must admit I learned a great deal of information which I am certain will be useful in my day to day work and which will ultimately benefit the patients, clinicians and organizations that we will work with. I would certainly recommend the course to anyone who is looking for an in-depth explanation of the complexities of HIPAA compliance.
Adam L. Kushner, MD, MPH
Founder – Jora Inc.
- Great information during online class. The one on one training was a good remote option.
- HIPAA Training.net is an amazing company. Their main goal is to help you succeed and obtain the HIPAA certification that you need. The course is comprehensive and comprised with the highest level of knowledge in HIPAA. If you need to complete a certification in HIPAA Privacy and Security, get it from this company. Bob and Mike are great, very helpful and considerate. I highly recommend this company and it’s very cost effective. I am now recognized as CHPA and CHPSE. Thank you HIPAATraining.net!
- Thanks so much! The course was very informative and helped tremendously with the implementation of a HIPAA compliance program within our pharma and healthcare vertical.
- Great course! Thanks for everything.
- This course was very well performed and easy to follow. I loved the way it was laid out and conducted.