HIPAA Privacy Course
The HIPAA Privacy course assists you to gain an in-depth understanding of the Privacy Rule and a basic overview of the HIPAA Security rule based on the requirements of the HIPAA Law and more so, to make sure your entity is HIPAA Compliant. Our course contains the latest updates on HIPAA regulations with respect to the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act which is a part of the American Recovery Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) and Omnibus rule of 2013. This training will equip you with knowledge on HIPAA policies, standards, and regulations necessary for the HIPAA Certification test of the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE).
HIPAA Privacy Course Target Audience:
- Healthcare provider & payer privacy compliance employees
- Privacy lawyers involved in health care
- Compliance teams for HIPAA privacy
- HR staff & manager
- Privacy Auditors
- Privacy consultants
- Clinical physicians and office managers
- Head nurse
- Privacy instructors
Features of Online Anytime HIPAA Training of CHPE
- HIPAA Training created by HIPAA Expert with practical HIPAA compliance experience and privacy expert
- Course with Audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of content
- Printed manual available
- Practice test available to prepare you for CHPE exam
- 24 x 7 Access from Anywhere
- Courses compatible with Windows, Apple, iPad and other tables
- Instantly print or download CHPE certificate
- Unlimited Phone and email Support
To meet your learning objectives you need to call us to discuss your job role, so we can recommend you the appropriate HIPAA course/courses.
Total Course Duration: 14 hours
Number of Total Slides: 572 slides
Total Chapters: 14
Online course login expires in: 6 months from receiving the login details.
Course Extension: You can extend your course for three months at the cost of $99 OR for six months at a discounted price of $150 only at the time of registration.
Certificate valid for: 3 Years
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
HIPAA Privacy Training Demo
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
All certified professionals are required to take Cyber Security Awareness For Employees within 1 month of getting certified. You can take this training before or after getting certified. If you are a cybersecurity professional, you can request an exception (provide the reason why you should not take the training and provide your cybersecurity certification credentials) to take this training but you will have to complete the test.
Course Name: CyberSecurity Awareness For Employees
Description: OCR is focusing on cybersecurity awareness for the covered entities and business associates after the FBI issued a warning for the healthcare industry. This training is a continuing education course needed for all HIPAA certifications (CHPSE, CHPE, and CHSE) professionals to maintain their credentials. This is a non-technical course and anyone can take it. There are no prerequisites for it.
Students learn how hackers use social engineering tools like spoofing, Deceptive Phishing, W2 Phishing, Search Engine Phishing, Pharming, Spear Phishing, Whaling / CEO Fraud, Vishing, SMiSHing, Dropbox Phishing, Google Docs Phishing, Image Phishing, Piggybacking, Dumpster diving, Eavesdropping and many more on company employees. With different types of Malware like Computer viruses, Worms, Trojan horses, Ransomware, Spyware, Adware, Scareware, Keylogger, etc., you want to be aware of threats around you. The overall goal is to protect you from financial losses, identity theft, and damage to your reputation caused due to breaches of security by criminals.
Cost: Included with the HIPAA training cost. You need to buy a Certified Cybersecurity Awareness Professional (CCAP) certification exam if needed.
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of an update course (normal cost $99) which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your HIPAA certification, you will continue taking updated courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required updated courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the updated courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 15 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Cost of online training and CHPE certification test: $747 (Additional Options to buy: $319.99 printed manual, $75 CHPE practice test, $250 two hours of Instructor support, $150 unlimited CHPE exam attempt)
CHPE Certification Test Only: $150 per attempt
HIPAA Certification Test:
HIPAA Certification Test is a one-hour test, containing 39 questions (consists of 3 questions on 13 chapters and each chapter takes 5 minutes). You need to score a minimum of 70% to receive the HIPAA certification of the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE).
Course Learning Objectives:
- I enjoyed this course and found that it was immediately applicable in my work.
- Supremus Group LLC has a fantastic training great for employers of all sizes and industries to help get their professional staff trained.
Human Resources Manager
- I found the CHPE course very user-friendly both online and while utilizing the student manual. The step by step training and question and answers sections after each unit were also very helpful! I have learned more specifics and better training knowledge through this program and would recommend this course to anyone that is responsible for HIPAA compliance in the workplace.
Shonda Bolen-Admin. Assistant/Personnel-Payroll
- The healthcare vertical continues to march towards an ever increasing digital delivery model. Along with this change arrives enhanced risk involving patient health information. It is the obligation of all stakeholders involved in the delivery of care and especially providers to maintain a high level of subject matter expertise concerning HIPAA and HITECH related compliance policies and procedures. The training I received from HIPAATRAINING.NET was up to date and relevant resulting in my ability to pass the CHPE exam. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in gaining a more formal command of the relevant HIPAA Privacy related requirements.
S. Vincent Grasso, D.O.
Informaticist / Business Analyst / Surgeon
Chatham, New Jersey
- The online course and the manual are excellent materials to update prior HIPAA training and are also an excellent resource for novices in HIPAA compliance. The concise summary of the HIPAA provisions in the ARRA rules really focused its impact on existing HIPAA regulations.
Jean Beard, CCP
Compliance Audit Manager
- “The hipaatraining.net CHPE course gave me an excellent opportunity to develop my understanding of the past, present and future compliance issues associated with HIPAA. Each of the instructor’s presentations focused on the specific issues faced by covered entities, and the test questions allowed me to view the various regulations from the perspective of a DHHS investigator. I look forward to using the information I learned in developing my law practice and resolving the specific HIPAA-related issues of my healthcare clients.”
- HIPAA Training course has enhanced my knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule as it applies to, administrative, physical, and technical components in a work setting and actual application to work. This course is beneficially comprehensive; it covered Privacy and Security Rule, Code Sets, Use & Disclosure, Organizational and Individual, Relationships, Rights and responsibilities, and other HIPAA topics.
While taking this course I was factoring in and taking notes in the areas where our agencies needs improvement or areas that are neglected.In addition, to being comprehensive this course also provides guidance in planning and implementation, such as compliance frame work, conducting a risk analysis, to creating or enhancing exiting policies and procedures. It seems most course merely throw you information and don’t provide you guidance or implementations. I was ecstatic on the section on policies and procedures as this is one of my duties. I plan to use this knowledge as a HIPAA Compliance Office and as the designated policy coordinator.
The information is current and provides “addendum” and links to those “moving targets” or ever changing information. It should be mentioned not only are the links current they work and are in not “sorry page not available” mode. I appreciated the graphics to further explain certain topics. The graphics help as some people are visual learners. The HIPAA “helpdesk” was always available and immediately responded to my email questions.It is obvious this training was created by people from numerous disciplines; administrators, policy makers, judicial, behavioral health providers, doctors, etc……..
I highly recommend this HIPAA Training course it’s valuably comprehensive and critically applicable.
Joann Flanagan, M.Ed., LADC, NCACII
Quality Assurance Specialist III
State of NevadaDivision of Mental Health Developmental Services (MHDS)
- Anyone seeking a more comprehensive understanding of the HIPAA and HiTech rules and regulations should consider taking the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert course through the Supremus Group. After taking this course I have a better understanding of the administrative, physical and technical aspects of the HIPAA regulations enabling me to stay HIPAA compliant on the job.
The Denver Hospice
- I found the course to be extremely informative. I had basic HIPAA knowledge prior to this training. I now feel comfortable in my title as Privacy Office. The course material and handout information are excellent references. The instructor was very insightful and kept my interest throughout the program. This program was money well spent.
Phyllis Jacobs, RHIT
Director of Health Information Management
Yoakum Community Hospital
- The course training was a very detailed, thought-provoking explanation of the HIPAA privacy requirements. The instructor was very knowledgeable of all aspects of the HIPAA privacy Training and security rules. The course has prepared me to address office, departmental and individual privacy issues.
Missouri Consolidated Health Care Plan
- The instructor was as expert on the subject matter. He presented the material in a very interesting and understandable way. His presentation was extremely effective. The use of real life examples helped me to understand how the material would apply to my particular position at my company. The instructor had also taken time to understand our company and how it worked and was able to use examples specific to our particular jobs at MCHCP. The instructor allowed us to ask questions and still managed to stay on task and meet all deadlines. This course has allowed me to gain knowledge regarding HIPAA that I would not have gotten from other classes.
Missouri Consolidated Health Care plan
- The HIPAA course is an extremely useful course for all in the healthcare industry. It provides an in depth look at the rule itself as well as the laws and regulations governing the rule. The instructor is extremely knowledgeable and provides the information in a methodical manner that is easy to follow. I have recommended this course and will continue to recommend this course to all my colleagues.Thank you Bob for all of your support during this course.
Janice E. Durden, MBA, CCRA
Senior Vice President Clinical Operations
- The self-paced HIPAA certification and training is an excellent program for anyone in the Health Care profession. The instructor is very knowledgeable and gives real life examples that are easy to comprehend. I will highly recommend this course to colleagues who need to strengthen their knowledge of HIPAA.Renee Greene, CCRP
- The CHPE coursework is very intense. It covers all of the required elements that are needed to get you prepared for the final exam. I would highly suggest that you take sufficient notes during the course if you don’t purchase the book. I would highly recommend printing off the addendums. I was extremely pleased with the way the coursework was presented. If you are wanting to enhance your knowledge base, this course will definitely do that.
Thanks so much!!
Stephanie M. Giberson, RHIT, CHPE
- The Comprehensive HIPAA Privacy and Intermediate Security Training class was well structured and thorough. The combination of the course book chapter reviews, PowerPoint presentation slides and instructor notes were extremely helpful and prepared me for the Certified HIPAA Privacy Expert (CHPE) certification exam. I’m confident I’ll excel in the Privacy related responsibilities associated with my new role.
- This coursework will be used to immediately implement required and addressable updates to policies and procedures and related training.
If you have any questions with reference to the course or certification test, feel free to contact us at Bob@supremusgroup.com or call us at 515-865-4591.