HIPAA Training for Individuals:
Mental Health Provider
Who Needs this Course?
Psychologists, Mental health counselor, Psychiatrists, Addiction counselor, Psychoanalyst, Clinical social workers, Psychiatric nurses, Behavioral services, Psychotherapist, Mental health programs, Family and marriage counselor, Religious counselor, Art therapist, Psychiatric Pharmacists etc.
Our Individual Training is for a single individual looking to obtain their HIPAA Awareness training certification (and optionally their HIPAA Security training certification) to satisfy the training requirement under HIPAA and to provide to an employer/organization as proof of training before they can allow you access to their patient’s health information.
If you are an organization looking to train your employees, please go to the HIPAA for Company section, select the type of company and look for the tab of TRAINING: Employees and Compliance Officer.
Our HIPAA Awareness training course is meant to satisfy the training requirement under HIPAA and as such everyone who has access to protected health information must take this course. If you are going to be responsible for HIPAA or you are IT staff that will be involved in implementing HIPAA Security compliance (the IT part of HIPAA) at your organization, then you want to take both the HIPAA Awareness and HIPAA Security courses. The HIPAA Awareness Training contains an overview of HIPAA Security for the average person whereas the HIPAA Security course contains more detailed regulatory information for someone who has to be responsible for HIPAA Security. Most individuals as such will only need the Awareness training course.
These online training courses are valid for all US states and territories and meet or exceed the requirements for HIPAA training established by the federal HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security regulations.
How to Purchase
To take our individual training courses, simply click on the ADD TO CART buttons in the Online HIPAA Courses section below and then CHECKOUT to complete your registration.
Mental Health Providers Training Demo
Print your HIPAA certification immediately online upon successful completion of each course
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Expert with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH,Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solution available based on your specific needs
- Group, university, and Colleges discounts available
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
Each student receives their own HIPAA certificate online immediately upon successful completion of the training in PDF format which can be printed, emailed, or saved for future use.
HIPAA Awareness for Mental Health Providers Course Outline:
One Hour HIPAA Overview Training for Employees
This course covers basics on following topics:
- The HIPAA Timeline
- HIPAA Titles and Their Relationships
- Definitions: PRIVACY & Security Objectives
- Definition: Health information
- Definition: Identifiers
- Definition: Health Information
- Health Information: Sets and Subsets
- Information Covered: Privacy Rule
- Information Covered: Security Rule
- Minimum Necessary
- Before PHI is Used or Disclosed
- Required Retention Documentation
- Civil Penalties
- Criminal Penalties
- HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Administrative Standards
- Additional Standards
- Covered Entities
- Business Associates
- Contracting Arrangements
- Rules for the BA’s
- Business Associate Agreements
Agenda – Provider Close-Up: Mental Health Professionals
- Mental Health Professionals
- Authorization versus Consent
- Authorization Requirements
- Defective Authorizations
- Permissible Activities and Patient Options
Agenda: The Year in Review: Investigations and Breaches
- Breach Notification Requirements
- Examples of Breaches
- 2015: Breaches & Fines
- 2017: Recent Healthplan Breaches
- Lessons – Learned?
- Event Response & Risk Assessment
- Quick Review
- What the Future May Hold
Supremus HIPAA Certifications
- Avg Completion Time: 2 Hours / Course
- Format: Online Self-Paced Training
- Access: Online Access for 60 Days
- Certificate of Completion: Yes
- Certificate Expiry: 2 Year
- Wallet Card: No
- Audio: Yes
- License: Single User
- Course: $25.00
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 2 CE credits for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Expert-Level Professional Certification Courses
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY SECURITY EXPERT (CHPSE)
To avoid civil money penalties and criminal penalties related to non-compliance with HIPAA and other associated acts, it is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of these acts. With CHPSE, advanced training in the areas of HIPAA Security rule & Privacy rule is imparted. This type of training is critical for compliance officers, consultants, and business associates who work in the healthcare industry.
CERTIFIED HIPAA SECURITY EXPERT (CHSE)
CHSE allows trained individuals to seamlessly implement the HIPAA’s Security rule in their organizations and protect the important health information of their clients. This training also includes elementary knowledge of the Privacy rule so that all the important bases are covered with respect to HIPAA compliance.
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY EXPERT (CHPE)
This certification is essential to have in-depth compliance knowledge of the HIPAA’s Privacy rule; through this training, you will also get a good understanding of the Security rule as well. CHPE training ensures that your employees are well-versed with the various aspects of the complex Privacy rule.
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY ASSOCIATE (CHPA)
This is an entry-level certification that provides a basic understanding of HIPAA. CHPA training is targeted towards those individuals (new employees, students, etc.) who are only required to have a fundamental knowledge of HIPAA and not advanced. CHPA Course & exam are now available in Spanish also.
Training Courses for OSHA and Medicare
Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication Training
Course Duration: 30 minutes. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Medical Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training Course for Medicare/Medicaid
Course Duration: One and a half hours. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Online Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Course Duration: 1 hour. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Social Engineering CyberSecurity Awareness Course for All Employees
Course Duration: One and a half hours. Cost: $45. (self-paced with audio)
- Very helpful & insightful. Will be using this information in the future.
- Test was easy to understand and accommodating since you can retake the test as much as needed.
- Very informative, a great way to learn about the details of HIPAA and how it relates to the mental health aspect.
- I thought the training was thorough and appreciated the learnings!
- Everything was great. I recommend this program for certification for HIPAA.
- Getting certified by HIPAA is daunting at first, but after a little bit of focus and review, the benefit of seeking education in these areas becomes more and more apparent. I appreciate the condensed materials offered in the lecture and the multiple attempts available to take the test, allowing space for myself to learn and digest the content.
- This was a very informative course
- An enlightening and lengthy training
- This was a very intensive but extremely important course. I felt it’s gravity and importance. Good course.
- The content was excellent. The language and communication of the presenter was great and I learned a lot. This training was helpful! Thank you
Frequently Asked Questions
Is your training certified by the government?
Is this training valid in all states?
What if I don’t pass the final exam? Do I have to pay for the training again?
Do I need to take the HIPAA Awareness training course, HIPAA Security training course, or both?
How long to I have to take the training?
Do you have an eval program where I could view the training?
What is the cost of training for an individual?
What course do I need to take?
Do you offer training that an organization can use to train its employees?
Can I train multiple people using an individual account?
What if I want to put a different name on the certificate from the information I enter on the registration screen for my billing information?
Do you offer training that an organization can use to train its employees?
Who is the organizational training for?
What is the minimum number of seats I need to create a organizational training account?
Can I add seats later on?
If I purchase seats after my initial purchase do I still get a volume discount?
Do you offer reporting with the organizational training account so I can tell who has taken the training?
If I am an organization, can I just purchase the training only?
Works on PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones,and
Complete your training online on any device, anywhere,
anytime 24 x 7.