HIPAA Training for Individuals:
Law Enforcement and Public Safety
Who Needs this Course?
Police Officers, Detectives, City Police Department Employees, Government employees & contractors working in fire department, Law enforcement, Emergency medical technicians, Public health officials, Hazardous materials professionals, Public safety communications representatives, Public works officials, Emergency managers, Justice & court employees, Department of corrections, FEMA, FBI, U.S. Marshals and others.
Our Privacy Security Individual Training is for a single individual looking to obtain their HIPAA Awareness Training certification to satisfy the training requirement under HIPAA and to provide to an employer/organization as proof of training before they can allow you access to their patient’s health information.
If you are an organization looking to train your employees, please go to the HIPAA for Company section, select the type of company, and look for the tab TRAINING: Employees and Compliance Officer.
Our HIPAA Awareness training course is meant to satisfy the training requirement under HIPAA and as such everyone who has access to protected health information must take this course. If you are going to be responsible for HIPAA privacy compliance or you are IT staff that will be involved in implementing HIPAA Security compliance (the IT part of HIPAA) at your organization, then you want to consider one of the three expert-level professional courses (CHPSE, CHSE, CHPE see below for more info). The HIPAA Awareness Training contains an overview of HIPAA Security for the average person whereas the expert-level courses contain more detailed regulatory information for someone who has to be responsible for HIPAA compliance. Use the flow chart to decide which is the right credential for you from the following 4 certifications. Most individuals who want only the Awareness training course but want a credential for it will select the Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA).
As HIPAA is a federal regulation, it applies to all states. Our online training courses are valid for all US states and territories and meet and exceed the requirements for HIPAA training established by the federal HIPAA Privacy and HIPAA Security regulations.
Law Enforcement and Public Safety Training Demo
Print your HIPAA certification or save PDF upon successful completion of the course
- 24 x 7 access from anywhere for self-paced online courses
- One course for $25 to meet privacy and security awareness training requirement
- Courses created by HIPAA Experts with practical compliance experience and security expert
- Course updated for HITECH, Omnibus rule, meaningful use, and breach notification
- Instantly print or download Nationally Recognized Certificates
- Complete your course in one hour and get a certification
- Online course with audio and PowerPoint slides for easy understanding of training
- American Disability Act (ADA) compliant course format and delivery
- 56 pages printed color manual available for purchase
- Online courses compatible with windows, apple, iPad, and other tablets
- Option to upgrade to Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) credential. Spanish Version is available too for CHPA.
- Complete compliance solutions are available based on your specific needs
- Group, university, and Colleges discounts are available
- Unlimited Phone and Email Support
Each student receives their own HIPAA certificate online immediately upon successful completion of the training in PDF format which can be printed, emailed or saved for future use.
HIPAA Awareness for Law Enforcement & Public Safety Professionals Course Outline:
This course covers the following topics in this awareness training:
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Health Information
- What information is covered?
- Normal Business Process
- Minimum Necessary
- Privacy Compliance Program Activities
- Privacy Program Policies, Procedures & Forms
- Security Rule Requirements
- Omnibus Rule: Breach Handling
- HIPAA & State Law
- Relationship of HIPAA and State law
- HIPAA Disclosures
- Authorization Not Required
- Reasonable Reliance
- Specific Provisions
- Legal Process
- Administrative Subpoenas, Summons, or Demands
- Limitation on Disclosure
- Limitation on Disclosure: “Required by Law”
- Limitation on Disclosure: Identification and Location
- Limitation on Disclosure: Crime Victims
- Limitation on Disclosure: Decedents
- Limitation on Disclosure: Other Types
- Implementation Tips
Course Cost: $25.00
- Course Completion Time: 1 Hour
- Format: Online Self-Paced Training
- Audio: Yes
- Access: Online Access for 60 Days
- Certificate of Completion: Yes
- Certificate Expiry: 2 Year
- Option to Buy Printed Book: Yes
- License: Single User
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy a CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive one CE credit for this course through the Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Expert-Level Professional Certification Courses
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY SECURITY EXPERT (CHPSE)
To avoid civil money penalties and criminal penalties related to non-compliance with HIPAA and other associated acts, it is essential to have a comprehensive understanding of these acts. With CHPSE, advanced training in the areas of HIPAA Security Rule & Privacy rule is imparted. This type of training is critical for compliance officers, consultants, and business associates who work in the healthcare industry.
CERTIFIED HIPAA SECURITY EXPERT (CHSE)
CHSE allows trained individuals to seamlessly implement the HIPAA’s Security rule in their organizations and protect the important health information of their clients. This training also includes elementary knowledge of the Privacy rule so that all the important bases are covered with respect to HIPAA compliance.
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY EXPERT (CHPE)
This certification is essential to have in-depth compliance knowledge of the HIPAA’s Privacy rule; through this training, you will also get a good understanding of the Security rule as well. CHPE training ensures that your employees are well-versed with the various aspects of the complex Privacy rule.
CERTIFIED HIPAA PRIVACY ASSOCIATE (CHPA)
This is an entry-level certification that provides a basic understanding of HIPAA. CHPA training is targeted towards those individuals (new employees, students, etc.) who are only required to have a fundamental knowledge of HIPAA and not advanced. CHPA Course & exam are now available in Spanish also.
Training Courses for OSHA and Medicare
Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication Training
Course Duration: 30 minutes. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Medical Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training Course for Medicare/Medicaid
Course Duration: One and a half hours. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Online Bloodborne Pathogens Training
Course Duration: 1 hour. Cost: $25. (self-paced with audio)
Social Engineering CyberSecurity Awareness Course for All Employees
Course Duration: One and a half hours. Cost: $45. (self-paced with audio)
Access the training on your Windows PCs, Apple Macs, iPads, iPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones, and
Complete your training online on any device, anywhere,
anytime 24 x 7.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I want to put a different name on the certificate from the information I enter on the registration screen for my billing information?
Do you offer reporting with the organizational training account so I can tell who has taken the training?
- It was informative. It’s not as simple as I initially thought
- Good Course. I would highly recommend it to others